In light of the ongoing recommendations for social distancing, Avenue Physiotherapy is now conducting all of our services using virtual rehab.
A virtual physiotherapy appointment involves meeting with your Physiotherapist by video or telephone conference. This allows us to assess your condition, discuss your progress, check exercises and troubleshoot any issues challenges you may be experiencing.
Most insurance companies, including WSIB, and MVA insurance cover virtual rehab in the same way they cover in-person physiotherapy.
What can be accomplished with a virtual physiotherapy visit?
- Consultation to diagnose and design a treatment plan to manage your condition and meet your goals
- Prescribe or modify your home exercise program with an extensive library of exercise videos
- Progress and guide your treatment plan
- Provide lots of education to help self-manage your condition
- Answer any questions
Why choose Virtual Physiotherapy?
- 100% no physical contact! With the continued importance of social distancing, the less we engage in physical contact the better. Virtual rehab allows for continuity of care, without exposing you and your family to unnecessary risk.
- Much of your assessment and treatment remains unchanged. Much of the diagnostic assessment remains unchanged and treatment will be in the form of education, reassurance, activity modification, and home exercise prescription; exactly what many of you are used to for your in-person visits.
Not tech savvy? No problem! All you require is a simple and free download of Zoom and an email address. You will receive an email with a few simple instructions and you’re ready to go.
Contact us today to set up your appointment!
We can be reached at 519-304-8330 or email@example.com.